Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hagrid's Costume

When I told my friend Monica that I too was crazy enough to try throwing this party, she advised me to go on a shopping spree when Halloween sales kicked in.
It was great advice! I purchased robes, witches hats, potion bottles, backdrops, cauldrons, etc... as they all went on sale during Halloween.
At her daughter’s party, her husband dressed up like Hagrid and Aidan loved him! I remember Aidan walking up to him a couple of times during the party and saying, “Hi Hagrid!” So over the summer I asked my brother-in-law if he would be willing to dress up as Hagrid during Aidan's party (besides being blessed with major cooking skills, my brother-in-law is also blessed with quite the tall gene). He was such a sweetie and said "yes". So during Halloween, I started piecing together his Hagrid costume. If you want to design a Hagrid costume on a budget, this is what I did:
For Hagrid’s trenchcoat I purchased the “Adult's Adult Plus Jonah Hex Quentin Turnbull Costume”. I bought the “Mountain Man Wig and Beard Set” for Hagrid’s hair and beard. And for the rest of the costume I bought a burgundy shirt and belt from Sears.com using my reward points. The only thing I asked my brother-in-law was if he could just bring dark pants and boots to wear with his costume on the day of the party. He looked amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment