Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hogwarts Sorting Scarves

Aidan still has the Gryffindor scarf he received from his friend’s Harry Potter party and uses it often. Seeing how much he liked his scarf sold me into the idea of doing the same thing for his party. Sewing the “sorting scarves” was the first thing I tackled for Aidan’s Harry Potter party. First I purchased fleece fabric and thread from the fabric store. Then I cut and pinned the fabric together to run through the sewing machine. Except….I hadn’t used a sewing machine since I was 14 years old and was completely clueless as to how to work one. Luckily, there was good ‘ol YouTube, and after studying a couple videos I was able to feel confident enough to attempt sewing these scarves. The first one was probably the worst, but after sewing the third scarf it was smooth sailing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment