Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ollivander Wand Boxes

Over the summer I was able to find good deal for the wands on Etsy.com. At first I was just going to hand out the wands to the kids at the party but Mike was so excited to help me out with this party theme that he insisted that he would be able to create a Ollivander's wand shop for the party if I would make boxes for the wands. When I finally found the right size boxes that would fit the wands it was clear that the white color on the boxes was not going to cut it. Mike and I agreed that they needed to be painted in order to give them an "old antique" look (like most of the things in Harry Potter look in the movie). I spent the next couple of days spray painting the boxes dark navy blue. Next, I found free printables to use for the labels on the boxes at http://sugiai.blogspot.com/2013/03/diy-harry-potter-wand-boxes.html. I had Mike print them out for me on clear stick paper, stuck the labels onto gold cardstock, cut them out, and then glued the cardstock labels to the boxes. Another thing I needed Mike to create was small labels for me to glue to the other end of the boxes that described the wand's wood and core. Lastly, I lined the inside of the boxes with cotton and placed the wand inside. Tah Dah!

8 comments:

  1. I would love to know where you found the boxes also! They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, where did you find the boxes and how long are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, where did you find the boxes and how long are they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to know where you found the boxes. I can't seem to find any long enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the boxes on usbox.com. They are called “2 Piece White Swirl Silverware Boxes”. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  5. Where can I get the wood and core labels for the end of the boxes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello ! I been trying to print out the labels but it is not letting me have access.. I would love to print them :)

    ReplyDelete