Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Nerf Daddy!

Besides Halloween, another thing our family celebrates in October is Mike’s birthday. When I told Aidan that Daddy’s birthday was this month he replied excitedly, “I know the perfect gift that I’m going to get Daddy…a Nerf gun!” Of course, I was ready for Aidan to say something like this because whenever we talk about birthdays or presents he is always mentioning that the perfect gift he could give or receive would be a Nerf gun. I told Aidan that Daddy could buy a Nerf gun any time he wanted and that the best gift would something that Daddy could not buy, something that maybe Aidan could make. As we brainstormed of gift ideas that Aidan could make, Aidan seemed stuck on that fact that his gift had to be associated with a Nerf gun in some way. Then I mentioned that he could compose a song on the piano to Daddy about Nerf guns. Aidan LOVED this idea! So for 2 weeks he worked with me on composing a birthday Nerf gun song for his Dad. This is the song that Aidan composed for his Dad:


On the day of Daddy’s birthday, Aidan excitedly led his Dad to the piano to present his gift:


Mike really enjoyed this gift! In fact, you can often hear him and Caleb singing it occasionally around the house (it is really funny!). As for Caleb and I, we made a peach pie for Daddy’s birthday later in the week. Happy Birthday Daddy! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment