Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Griddle Cafe

On the morning of the 6th day of our California vacation, we made the extra effort to wake up early and drive into LA to eat breakfast at “The Griddle Café”. I had seen this restaurant mentioned on the Food Network for having delicious Red Velvet Pancakes (I love anything Red Velvet). We arrived at the restaurant around 9:00 and only had to wait 5 min. for a table (What a relief when you are waiting with kids). Once seated, we ordered breakfast like it would be our only meal of the day. We ordered:

• Strawberries and Cream Waffle
• Red Velvet pancake
• Bagel with Cream Cheese
• Bacon
• Cottage Cheese
• Brown Sugar baked Bananas



I remember when looking at the menu thinking that the prices for the pancakes looked a little on the expensive side. It was not until they brought out my Red Velvet pancake that I realized why….The pancakes are HUGE! My pancakes were the size of my entire plate! No matter how I tried to convince myself that I was eating “breakfast” while enjoying each sinful bite of my Red Velvet pancake, Mike was there to “bring me down to earth” and keep reminding me that I was basically eating dessert for breakfast (probably why “The Griddle Café” writes it on the menu as the “Red Velvet panCake”). Even Aidan said, “Can I have another bite of Mommy’s cake?” Breakfast, dessert, whatever it was, it was yummy along with a cup of black coffee that morning :) On a side note, everything else we ordered was good too. Thanks Food Network another successful restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment