Monday, August 1, 2011

The Foundry on Melrose

On the second day of our California vacation, we spent the day at the California Science Center, followed by dinner at the “Foundry on Melrose”. For a while now, I have been making a list of restaurants that I have seen on the Food Network that I would like to eat at. The “Foundry on Melrose” was mentioned on the Food Network as having the best grilled cheese sandwich. I was excited to try this sandwich with Mike because it sounded so unique.

Normally Mike and I prefer not to go to nice restaurants with our boys (I would say casual elegance looked like the appropriate attire for this restaurant), but since we were on vacation with no one to babysit them, this could not be helped. I really wanted to try this restaurant, and was determined that if they wanted us to leave because we brought our kids, then they would need to say it to my face! Luckily, we brought our iPads with us to keep the boys still and silent (hey, whatever works….), so even though the staff looked a little surprised that we brought our kids with us, they did not ask us to leave. In fact, they were super nice and friendly to the kids during dinner and offered us a table outside on the deck.

Mike ordered his grilled cheese sandwich with the short ribs and I ordered mine without. Both sandwiches were delicious! In addition to the grilled cheese sandwiches, the two other dishes that we ordered that did not fail to disappoint our taste buds were: the “Potato Soup” and the “Pan-seared Scallops”.



No comments:

Post a Comment